Tuesday 11 November 2014

Christmas Fair Haul - Living North Newcastle Racecourse

At last weekend's Living North Christmas Fair I made a few purchase both foodie and Christmas related. I wanted to show you what I picked up and maybe introduce you to some local companies you might want to look into.
Living North Christmas Fair Newcastle Racecourse Shopping Haul
First off is CAKE! The Pudding Parlour had an amazing selection of cakes on offer including rainbow cake, marshmallow fluff cups and mint aero slices. I chose I piece of chocolate Ferrero rocher cake and ate it when I got home. Well I only ate half as the slice I got was so big, I had to eat it in two sittings. The cake was lovely and fluffy with thick chocolatey icing. You could definitely taste in the icing that it was meant to be Ferrero rocher as it was distinctively nutty. I've been looking at their website to see where I can get my next fix and it seems that they work on orders but also have a concession in Fenwick in Hexham!

The Pudding Parlour Hexham Chocolate Cake Newcastle

The Pudding Parlour Hexham Chocolate Cake Newcastle

Next up is some fudge I picked up in the food hall. Forever Fudge's stall was packed full of tonnes of different flavoured fudges. I had to come home with some chocolate for me and some vanilla for the boyfriend. Yet to try this but I'm sure it will be yummy!

Forever Fudge - Living North Christmas Fair Newcastle

I picked these two little cheeky chappies up to fuel my gingerbread obsession and continue on with my Christmas tree decoration shopping. Not sure which stall it was but they were £4.00 each and such good quality. I can't wait until they can take pride of place on the tree!

Gingerbread People - Living North Christmas Fair Newcastle Racecourse

I came across this amazing business called Magnificent Marshmallow Company who sold a range of gourmet marshmallows. They come in many flavours including coconut, raspberry, cherry, blueberry, elderflower, banana, orange, lemon and peppermint. They are fat-free, dairy-free, wheat-free, gluten-free and additive-free. The packaging is so creative, I love how they have branded their marshmallows. I picked up a pack of strawberry which was a little expensive at £3.50 but I think they are worth it for the quality.

Magnificent Marshmallow Company - Saucy Strawberry

Magnificent Marshmallow Company - Saucy Strawberry

Last but not least is the two bits I picked up from a local small business based in Middlesbrough, Lots of Loveliness. The stall had a great range of different candle scents from Pintail Candles which come in these cute little paint pots. I picked up the spiced apple compote ready for Christmas and also some little gingerbread people Christmas tags. I'm a little obsessed, what can I say?

Lots of Loveliness Middlesbrough Pintail Candle and Gingerbread Christmas Tags

Have you been to any Christmas fairs recently? What did you pick up? Link to any posts below!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© this Northerner.

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig