Saturday 18 June 2016

Girly chats and yummy snacks at No.34

Middlesbrough is going through a revival right now. New independent shops and eateries seem to be opening every week which is absolutely fantastic for us Smoggies. Before we were limited to a select number of place to eat but now we have the pick of the town with new cupcake shops, burrito takeaways, micropubs and many others popping up. Recently I noticed a little bar snuggled among a collection of shops near my house. 

As I was due a catch up with one of my friends, I suggested we try out this bar and indulge in some cocktails. We went along to No.34 Cafe & Bar on Saturday night at 7pm (it opens at 6pm) and settled in for the night.

No.34 offers a small menu of delicious nibbles to keep you company whilst you work your way through their great cocktail menu. The cafe is small and quaint with a very rustic interior with lots of wood and metal, which I'm a big fan of. The staff were very attentive and came over straight away to see what we wanted. Luckily we'd both been looking at the menu online and knew exactly what we were going to order.

No.34 Cafe & Bar Marton Middlesbrough Cocktail Review

No.34 Cafe & Bar Marton Middlesbrough Cocktail Review

No.34 Cafe & Bar Marton Middlesbrough Cocktail Review

No.34 Cafe & Bar Marton Middlesbrough Cocktail Review

No.34 Cafe & Bar Marton Middlesbrough Cocktail Review

No.34 Cafe & Bar Marton Middlesbrough Cocktail Review

To drink, I went with their signature cocktail the No.34 which was Prosecco with violet syrup and parma violets around the rim, whilst my friend went with Girls on Film which is like a Passionfruit Martini. I was in love with the No.34. The violet went perfectly with the Prosecco and the parma violet rim was such a nice little touch. 

To eat, we picked their No.34 sharing board which included a bit of everything. There was pate, a selection of cheeses and meats as well as salsa, bread and olives. There was a good amount of food that filled us both up and kept us picking at it all night.

For our second drink, I chose the Strawberry Daiquiri as it is a personal favourite and my friend chose the Mojito. These were both lovely, but I didn't feel I got a lot in mine so for my next (4) drinks I chose to get the No.34.

We had such a chilled out night chatting, drinking and eating. No.34 turned out to be the perfect backdrop to our girly catch up. Although it seems to be in a random location, situated at Marton shops, it is certainly worth visiting and trying out their menu. No.34 also opens as a cafe during the day serving all types of yummy food that I'm yet to try! I'll have to venture down one day for some grub.
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. ooo this looks lovely! I love a good sharing board.. It's nice to try a bit of everything. :)

    Caroline.x
    www.carolineelgeywhite.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I first seen your parma violet cocktail on Instagram I didn't realise it was from the new place at Marton Shops! It looks great, I'm definitely going to check it out sometime in the summer :)

    Daisy Daydreams | Sami xx

    ReplyDelete

© this Northerner.

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig