Sunday 9 April 2017

Our new work lunch spot - Aurum Lounge, Middlesbrough

Everyone loves to get out of the office at lunchtime, especially on a Friday, to go and out to eat. Sometimes you try to be healthy but other times it's all about the treats.  I work just outside of Middlesbrough town centre and there aren't many places to eat lunch around us that are great. Most places are too expensive, over-run by students or the food just isn't the best.

If you want the good stuff you have to trek all the way to the other side of town and then you are cutting into your time to eat. Recently a restaurant has opened 2 minutes from my work and I've just tried it out, not once, but twice.

The Aurum Lounge is a restaurant come shisha bar, offering a menu of organic gourmet food. From burgers and salads to steaks and extravagant desserts, Aurum Lounge provides the lot. I first visited with my Mum and I had the chicken burger, whilst she had the parmo with mushroom.

Aurum Lounge, Middlesbrough food review

Aurum Lounge, Middlesbrough food review

Aurum Lounge, Middlesbrough food review

Aurum Lounge, Middlesbrough food review

Aurum Lounge, Middlesbrough food review

I really enjoyed my chicken burger, although it was a little too spicy for me, but then I'm just a wimp with spices! Mum's parmo was nice, although I think it could have done with more bechamel sauce.

The second time I visited was a week later with my friend from work and we both decided on the chicken wrap. Although it still had the spicy taste, this time it seemed a lot milder and I really enjoyed it. All the food is really good quality and they take great care in preparing your meal.

I really like the Aurum Lounge, it is a really calm, chilled out vibe. All the staff are friendly and happy to help with any request. I will definitely be back to try out more of their menu, maybe even tasting one of their desserts!
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. Ooooh I haven't heard of this place, but it looks like I definitely need to check it out. It looks so relaxed and the food, particularly that parmo, looks so yummy!

    Olivia - The Northernist x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! You definitely should, it's lovely! :) x

      Delete
  2. Mmm looks great! I work out of the centre so lunch options are pretty limited, but there's a sandwich shop not far away that does these like carvery sandwiches... roast chicken, roast potatoes, stuffing, gravy....
    it's not fancy, and it's impossible to eat without making a mess but my gosh, it's a thing of beauty!

    ReplyDelete

© this Northerner.

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig