Saturday 21 October 2017

Worth the hype? America's Halloween Treats

Now I'm back from my trip to America, I'm enjoying the fruits of our travel, mainly the stash of treats I hauled back in my hand luggage. As we were over in the run-up to Halloween, I could not not search out all the pumpkin flavoured treats I'd been seeing all over the internet. Getting these through security was heavy and led to my bag being searched, but it was definitely worth it so I could dig in when I was back on English soil and in the British Autumn weather.

As these products are all not accessible to us in the UK, I thought I'd put you out of your misery and let you know my thoughts on them. If you should be pining over their existence, or simply forgetting about them...

American Halloween Treats Oreo M&Ms Pop Tart Pumpkin Pie Spice
American Halloween Treats Oreo M&Ms Pop Tart Pumpkin Pie Spice
American Halloween Treats Oreo M&Ms Pop Tart Pumpkin Pie Spice

A quick story about how I came to purchase these little Halloween treats. Whilst on a march across Atlanta to find a quirky bohemian type area I noticed we were pretty close to Target. Through my online searching, I found that Target was the place to be if you wanted to indulge in America's hoard of Halloween treats.

The internet was certainly not wrong and when we stumbled across the Halloween section I was so ecstatic. I quickly filled our basket with Oreos and M&Ms. Upon waiting to leave the store I also noticed they had Pumpkin Pie Pop-Tarts, so had to rush back in. I was very happy that these guys all survived the Atlanta heat and the excessive walking we had to do to get back!

PUMPKIN SPICE & APPLE PIE OREOS
First up are the Oreos. We all know that America always has the best and newest flavour Oreos - like birthday cake, cinnamon bun & red velvet - and during Autumn they came out with pumpkin spice and apple pie. I decided I obviously needed both in my life...

My favourite out of the two is pumpkin spice, it's really light without too much spice and not too sickly. When you have your first bite of the apple pie one, it is so yummy and you can taste apple pie but as you keep eating they start to get very sweet and super sickly. Lovely as a small treat now and then but I don't think I could have more than one at a time!

Pumpkin Spice - 7/10
Apple Pie - 5/10

WHITE PUMPKIN PIE & COOKIES & SCREEEM M&MS
Another one of the items that were on my list to pick up was M&Ms. Again America has some innovative flavours that you can't get easily over here like peanut butter, white chocolate, mint and almond. In the Halloween section, I found these two that I'd not tried before - white pumpkin pie and cookies and screeem.

White pumpkin pie was the first flavour to be tried and I can attest to the fact you can definitely taste pumpkin spice. For me its a bit too much and to be honest I'm not a fan of white chocolate so this one isn't a winner for me.

Cookies and screeem doesn't taste much to me like cookies and cream but more of a muddled chocolate that isn't sure what it is. As much as I like what they look like, I'd say to stay clear of these too.

White Pumpkin Pie - 3/10
Cookies and Screeem - 4/10

American Halloween Treats Oreo M&Ms Pop Tart Pumpkin Pie Spice
American Halloween Treats Oreo M&Ms Pop Tart Pumpkin Pie Spice

FROSTED PUMPKIN PIE POP TARTS
Finally, the last product to try and thankfully America's saving grace. I'm a real lover of Pop-Tarts but I don't get them much as they are far too bad for you, especially as a breakfast. These ones looked too cute and too pumpkin-themed not to pick up and I was glad that when I finally tried them on my first day back at work, they lived up to my hype.

These little heavenly morsels are just pumpkin enough for my liking with the right amount of spice that fills your kitchen with the scent ALL DAY (if you toast them I mean). These are lightly sweet balanced out with the not-so-sweet pumpkin filling. Definitely a perfect ode to the great pumpkin pie.

Frosted Pumpkin Pie Pop-Tarts - 9/10

So although my Halloween treat haul was not all I thought it would be, I still got some super tasty treats and it satisfied my curiosity. And to be fair my haul in Target cost a lot less than some of my other spends during my trip - I'm looking at you Bath and Body Works.

Take my thoughts as you please, but if you're a Halloween pumpkin-lover you now know which ones I'd suggest you pick up.

PIN ME!

American Halloween Treats Oreo M&Ms Pop Tart Pumpkin Pie Spice



SHARE:

4 comments

  1. I didn't even know these thing existed! How exciting. I do like the sound of the Pop Tarts x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Oreos sound delicious! I love seeing all the different flavoured Oreos that different countries stock.

    www.linderella.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am SO jealous! When we were in the US in April we spent a good hour or so going round a supermarket buying up Oreos and Poptarts, it was so hard to decide which flavours to get, I wanted to clear out the entire shelf! I'd love to go in Autumn time! Did you bring back any candles?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a shame the M&Ms weren't up to scratch as they probably sounded the most appealing - I'm generally a bit distrustful of anything with 'pumpkin' in the name !

    ReplyDelete

© this Northerner.

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig