Sunday 27 October 2013

Baking Pumpkin and Chocolate Chip Cupcakes

I like cooking, making savoury meals rather than baking. It's not really my thing although I do love the delicious outcome. So why did I attempt to make cupcakes? Well, I'm a sucker for anything pumpkin, and with Halloween coming up I decided to give them a try.

So on the day of the big shop around Morrisons I was scouring the shelves for a tin of pumpkin puree in order to make my cupcakes. No such luck. Instead I bought a pumpkin thinking I could just puree it, oh no I had to cook it first.

Here is a simple guide to pumpkin puree, should you need it...

First slice the pumpkin in half, scoop out the icky stringy bits, cut into segments and place in the oven for 40-45 mins.

Pumpkin and Chocolate Chip Cupcakes

Pumpkin and Chocolate Chip Cupcakes

After they are cooked carefully peel the skin away with a knife and then put the flesh in a blender! Easy!

Pumpkin and Chocolate Chip Cupcakes

Pumpkin and Chocolate Chip Cupcakes

So now I had my pumpkin puree, time for the good bit! I found an amazing blog that has a recipe for pumpkin and chocolate chip cupcakes called Sally's Baking Addiction. She has soo many pumpkin recipes, you should check it out! I won't bore you with the recipe, you can go to Sally's website for that but here are a few pictures from my baking experience...

Pumpkin and Chocolate Chip Cupcakes

Pumpkin and Chocolate Chip Cupcakes

Pumpkin and Chocolate Chip Cupcakes

Here are the final cupcakes and I have to say they tasted really good! I was really impressed with my first attempt at making cupcakes. The pumpkin made the cakes moist and they didn't taste weird at all. Everyone at work has had only good things to say about these cakes so I am super happy!

Overall I would definitely make these again!

What do you think? Could you eat pumpkin cupcakes?
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. I'd totally eat pumpkin cupcakes--they look awesome. I'm quite fond of pumpkin ice-cream with caramelised pecan nuts...

    BTW, if you don't want to be roasting pumpkins for puree, you can get cans of Libby's pumpkin puree at Waitrose. It's the only regular supermarket that stocks it--generally for the expat market to make pumpkin pies--and if you're in London you can get immense cans of it at Whole Foods.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are super yummy! :)

      oh cool, we don't have one of them up here :( x

      Delete
  2. These sound gorgeous! I've looked everywhere for a can of pumpkin purée and I just can't find it! I do have quite a bit g pumpkin left over though and I'm so tempted to make these now!xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are yum! I know I couldn't find one. People say they have them in Waitrose but I don't have one close to me!

      It is pretty easy to make the puree, just a bit time consuming!

      x

      Delete

© this Northerner.

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig