Tuesday 21 January 2014

Ideas for a potential new house

Last week me and my boyfriend starting looking into buying a house a little more seriously. We've booked an appointment with a financial advisor and even went on our first house viewing. All very serious and very exciting. I'm not sure if this is just a girl thing (as Matt has no interest in this for now...) but as I've looked more into houses I have been thinking more and more about how I want different rooms of the house to be decorated. Now we don't have an endless budget so whatever I pick may just be a dream but I think there is always some way you can get what you want. I've been trailing pinterest looking for ideas for the house and below are a few of my favourite picks!

Kitchen

Interior Design Home Ideas Kitchen

In the kitchen I am really a fan of large 'brick sized' tiles as a back splash although I am not sure what colour I'd go for. As well as this I want my kitchen to be slightly grunge and would love some exposed lighting like the second picture. Lastly I have to have some creative storage in my kitchen. At home I hate having to rummage through the cupboards to find what I want. I need some clever ways to store things that makes them easily accessible.

Living Room

Interior Design Home Ideas Living Room Lounge

For the living room I am really keen on a sort of retro vibe to it with clean lines and a sofa like the one in the third picture (although I don't know how comfy that would be). I am in love with having a photo frame wall, whether this be in the living room or going up the stairs. Finally I would like to think that we could have some quirky up-cycled items in our house just like this cool coffee table in the second picture.

Bathroom

Interior Design Home Ideas Bathroom

I'd like to keep the bathroom quite clean and white, maybe with some sort of accent colour, I'm not too sure on that. What I am sure about is that I need lots of clever storage! The amount of beauty and shower products we have between us is quite substantial so we would need some interesting and sensible places to store it all.

Bedroom

Interior Design Home Ideas Bedroom

The bedroom is the room in which I have the least ideas. I want the bedroom to be somewhere that we both like so I don't want it to be girly but I also don't want it to be cold and masculine. I want something very bright, maybe slightly retro with a few bold colours but most of it clean and white. I'll have to get approval off the boyfriend first though ;)

What do you think? Any ideas that you like? Do you have any house posts? Link me!

> To see how our bedroom, bathroom and living room actually turned out click the links! 
SHARE:

5 comments

  1. Ahhh nothing more exciting than buying a house! Me and my boyfriend moved into our own place this summer, I did a little post on some of the things I bought so have a little look...! http://www.theperksofbeingahipster.com/2013/09/new-living-room-accessories.html
    The bedroom is definitely the hardest - my bedroom was pink before, my boyfriend wanted GREY! (Who wants a grey bedroom?! Apart from maybe like, a prison?! We settled for chocolate brown in the end!) Haha anyway good luck with it all! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are in the process of buying a flat at the moment too and we actually have really similar taste! We are planning on making a coffee table out of old wooden palettes, and I am definitely going to use those subway tiles - I love them! They had gorgeous green ones in Bill's the other day which I popped a post up about... http://www.londonkat.com/2014/01/sunday-brunch-at-bills.html
    Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the lights in the second kitchen photo! I am also a massive fan of kitchen storage - I hate my Mum's kitchen, everything is so artfully balanced that you have to take a huge heap out of a cupboard to get one thing haha.
    Good luck with buying your house, how exciting! :)

    Jess xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love upcycling furniture! If you google 'Ikea hacks' then loads of stuff comes up about how you can turn boring Ikea furniture into something unique. I'm in the process of working on my old Billy bookcase - the post will be on my blog in a few weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. PS these are all my house posts http://procrastacreation.wordpress.com/category/home-diy/ x

    ReplyDelete

© this Northerner.

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig