Friday 24 January 2014

So easy even a child could make it - Vegetable Goulash Recipe

As I am preparing for moving out into my own house with my boyfriend I thought it best to invest in some simple cookbooks that help me perfect the little stuff before I attempt the more tough stuff. This thinking is what made me buy '100 yummy things to cook and eat', a cookbook by Usbourne. Yes, this is for children but it has some great recipes like chocolate raspberry tart, apple crumble, leek and potato soup and of course peppermint creams! Although a lot of these will be saved until I no longer have mum around to help me, or bake me cakes, I have started to cook a few things from the book. Namely vegetable goulash.

Vegetable Goulash Recipe Easy

The ingredients you will need are:
1 onion
2 medium-sized carrots
half a medium cauliflower
1 clove of garlic, crushed
2 teaspoons of paprika
2 tablespoons of flour
1 vegetable stock cube
400g can of chopped tomatoes
a pinch of salt and of ground pepper

Step 1. Peel your onion and chop it into little pieces (I used frozen so mine was already done). Peel and chop you potatoes into cubes.

Step 2. Peel and cut your carrot into cubes. Pull any leaves off your cauliflower and separate the florets ensuring you cut the stalks off.

Vegetable Goulash Recipe Easy

Step 3. Heat the vegetable oil in a deep pan and add the onion and garlic. Gently heat on a low heat for 5 minutes.

Vegetable Goulash Recipe Easy

Step 4. When the onions are soft sprinkle the paprika and flour and mix well. When mixed add the stock cube to 600ml of boiling water and pour in the pan.

Vegetable Goulash Recipe Easy

Vegetable Goulash Recipe Easy

Step 5. Add the potatoes, carrots, cauliflower florets, chopped tomatoes, salt and pepper.

Vegetable Goulash Recipe Easy

Step 6. Turn up the heat until the goulash starts to boil then reduce the heat so it is gently bubbling. Leave for 20-25 minutes or until the vegetables are cooked.

Vegetable Goulash Recipe Easy

This dish is very nutritious and healthy being packed full of vegetables. I think you need to add quite a bit of seasoning to this to ensure it is tasty, I would even suggest adding a bit of chilli to give it a kick. It is a lovely meal to have on a cold day with a nice crusty roll.

Have you tried anything like this before? Have you got any recipe recommendations for me?
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© this Northerner.

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig