Monday 8 September 2014

Recipes I've tried and loved

I've been cooking up a storm recently, stalking recipes from here, there and everywhere - but mainly Pinterest! I wanted to share a few recipes I've tried and loved so that you too can try them and know they've been tested!
Recipes I've tried and loved - Carrot and Lentil Soup, Banana ice cream, pesto chicken

 First up is Carrot and lentil soup. It is such a filling dish with some great depth of flavour. It's super tasty and really easy to make. If you are into making soups I'd definitely suggest this one for the autumn/winter months.
Next is a gorgeous substitute to ice cream that is totally milk-free! Banana, chocolate and peanut butter 'ice cream' is made with a base of frozen banana blended with peanut butter and chocolate chips to add flavour. The recipe that I've linked to is for a coffee version but you can add whatever you like or eat plain banana flavour.
Trying new chicken recipes is something I like doing as the same can get really boring. When I saw a recipe for Pesto Chicken it gave me the inspiration I need. However I didn't follow the recipe, I simply covered the chicken in pesto and put it in the oven. It did get a bit greasy as the pesto heated up but it tasted amazing.
As I want to get into healthy breakfasts whilst trying not to get boring I came across these Healthy pancakes. A lot of recipes for healthy pancakes you come across on Pinterest either don't work or they include too many nasties. This recipe works perfect and tastes good too.
Last up was something I adapted from the usual chicken stuffed with cream cheese and wrapped in bacon, instead I wrapped it in chorizo. It is made by cutting into the chicken to create a pocket in which the cheese can be piled into, scoop the cheese in then close it back up and wrap in chorizo making sure to overlap to ensure it stays wrapped in the oven. So yummy but not very healthy...
Have you tried out any Pinterest recipes recently you can recommend? Follow my healthy eating pinterest board to see what I've been pinning!
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I'm a big fan of soups for the winter. My personal fave is butternut squash but I love carrot and lentil too. Can't wait for the weather to turn :)
    Simone | Thirty Something OAP

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh soup is lovely and so easy to make! Such a good comfort food :D x

      Delete

© this Northerner.

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig