Thursday 5 February 2015

First three reads of the year - Book Reviews

Last year was the year for me to start reading books again. For ages, I decided that I didn't have enough time and more 'important' activities took up my time. These mainly included watching TV, but now I've decided enough is enough, the TV is off and I am taking some time to start delving into my imagination.
In 2014 I posted a review of three books I'd been reading which I still thoroughly recommend. Already this year I've powered my way through three more books. To be honest I'm not really sure how. I didn't know I could read that fast!
Gingerbread Smiles - Book Review, Zoella, Abigail Haas, Lucie Whitehouse

Gingerbread Smiles - Book Review Zoella, Zoe Sugg, Girl Online


First off let me tell you how lovely the look of the book is. It's hardback (not sure if you can get it in paperback) but not the solid hardback with a flimsy separate cover sheet, no this is almost squidgy, so lovely to hold. Next, the colour and the style is so pretty, it's definitely something you can have on display. The actual story is just a lovely one. It is almost something you'd dream up as a child, maybe play with your dolls taking on the characters. It is a very easy read, suitable for teen and younger, but I really enjoyed it being 23! If you want something that you'll get through in a few days and feel lovely at the end then I suggest this.

Gingerbread Smiles - Book Review, Lucie Whitehouse - Before We Met


This story is a very intriguing one following a woman questioning her husband whilst he isn't around. Snooping to see where he has been and what he is up to. It keeps you wanting to read more as in each chapter she finds something new and more interesting. You are put in her mindset wondering what the hell he is up to! The ending definitely is a good conclusion and provides many answers and lots of action.

Gingerbread Smiles - Book Review, Abigail Haas - Dangerous Girls

Dangerous Girls - Abigail Haas
I bought this after it was recommended by Louise from Confetti Letters and I certainly wasn't disappointed. It wasn't the sort of book I'd have usually read but I really enjoyed it. The story was based around a murder in Aruba that ripped apart a group of friends and was told from the point of view of the girl accused of the murder. It has you questioning all the way through as to what happened, who killed her and what will come next. I can definitely say this is a must-read and I will be getting Abigail's next book, Dangerous Boys!
I have a few books lined up at the moment to read, but do you have any suggestions of what books I should get on my to-read list? Let me know in the comments and link me to any book review posts, I love to read them!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© this Northerner.

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig