Monday 9 February 2015

Four ways cook with courgettes

When I was out with a friend of mine, Sammi from Daisy Daydreams, we got chatting about food and cooking. She told me that she didn't like courgettes. Courgettes are one of my favourite vegetables as they are so versatile and delicious. Courgettes, also known as zucchini in the States, have so many health benefits as they are full of fibre, vitamin C and antioxidants! An all-round great vegetable that can be eaten in so many different ways! I decided to put together a list of ways you can eat courgette in meals and some more ideas about how to use it in cooking and baking!

Courgette Zuchini Vegetable Cooking Ideas Clean Eating

1. Zoodles! Courgette (or zucchini) noodles! For this, you need either a spiraliser or a julienne peeler to create the noodle shape. I would HIGHLY recommend getting a spiraliser as it makes them so much better and is easier. You can have these noodles wherever you would usually use pasta or normal noodles. Using courgette noodles means you get less simple carbs and more nutrition from the yummy courgettes. I've had them with pasta sauce and with pesto and vegetables but the possibilities are endless.
2. Roasted. Courgettes are great cut into pieces sprayed with a little oil and put in the oven to crisp up. They have such a great flavour to them that they work perfectly with other roast vegetables like tomatoes, peppers and sweet potatoes.
3. Courgette boats (as we like to call them!) This was a recipe I found on good ol' Pinterest which has become a firm favourite in our house. You scoop out the flesh and fill the hole with a layer of cooked rice/pasta, then sliced pepper (I change this up for mushroom) and then chopped tomatoes. Sprinkle with cheese and put into a roasting tin filled with stock and cook in the oven for around 45-50 mins. It is so delicious I really can't get enough.
4. Courgette lasagna. This is another recipe that caught my eye on Pinterest. I love lasagna but you can be left feeling very full and bloated. With this, you get all that you want from a lasagna but without the pasta carbs and with more vegetables!

Other ideas I've seen for using courgette include:-
Baked parmesan courgette (wedges)
Courgette oat chocolate chip cookies
Courgette fritters
Baked courgette crisps
Courgette CAKE

Will you be reconsidering the good old courgette now? Have you got some good cooking ideas? Let me know if you make any of these or use courgettes more in your cooking! Also, let me know if you have any other good courgette recipes, I need to try them!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© this Northerner.

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig