Friday 29 May 2015

Four local North East foodie favourites

I love to visit local farmer's markets, food fairs and festivals. Discovering and supporting new independent businesses that operate from within the North East makes me really happy. I visit my local farmer's market at Stewart Park, have been to the Bishop Auckland food festival and also Living North live twice now. I want to get out and visit more so I can see what great foodies we have here in the North East.

I've picked out a few businesses to introduce you to that have become some of my favourites! A few of them I've mentioned before on my blog or on twitter. I've bought their products numerous times now and would go back again for more.

Pudding Parlour - I've written about these lovely cake makers before in my Living North Christmas haul post in which I bought the Ferrero rocher cake. It's delicious, so chocolatey and fluffy. There have so many amazing sounding cakes, I'm going to have to try them all.

The Pudding Parlour - North East Local Food Businesses

The Gingerbread Mam - I first came upon the Stockton-based Gingerbread Mam when I attended the Butterwick Hospice's Ladies Afternoon Tea. At this she sold her products but also gave a small talk about how she got started and her future plans, it was really interesting. Best of all she passed around free samples! I picked up a ginger syrup sponge and loved it! When I saw that she'd be at the Living North Spring event I made sure to pick up another.

The Gingerbread Mam - North East Local Food Businesses

Geordie Banger Co. - When I'm at food fairs, I can't resist some local produce. I've had Geordie Bangers before after winning a twitter competition and I really enjoyed them. It's hard to get these as they are based in Newcastle but at the Living North Spring fair, I decided to stock up! I've tried all the packs I picked up now and they were very tasty.

Geordie Banger Co. - North East Local Food Businesses

Geordie Banger Co. - North East Local Food Businesses

Spicy Monkey - Based out of Durham, this company makes many curry sauces and chutneys that you can use at home. They are made with fresh ingredients and taste amazing. I've tried the medium monkey curry and mango chutney and they are both winners!

Spicy Monkey - North East Local Food Businesses

Have you tried any of these? Which ones do you like? Any others you'd recommend that I try?
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Love Pudding Parlour and Geordie Bangers! I'm yet to try the others though. I haven't been to a market for aggggges!

    ReplyDelete

© this Northerner.

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig