Monday 4 May 2015

Let's make Mexican fajitas! Easy spice mix!

Do you ever really fancy fajitas but don't want to pick up a ready-made spice mix? Fancy trying to make your own but don't know what spices to use? Well I'm here to help! With the assistance of Pinterest and a few at-home trials, I've got a great recipe for great fajitas. This recipe uses spices that you will, hopefully, have lying around the house. I don't know about you but I much prefer to know what I'm putting in my food. The mixes that are available to buy in the supermarket can have all sorts of nasties and unknowns but with this recipe, you will know exactly what you are eating with no sneaky added extras.

Now I don't want to tell you what to put into your fajitas as that is your call. I usually put in chicken, mushrooms, pepper, onion and if I'm feeling crazy some tomatoes (with the juicy bits left out).

Mexican Fajita Spice Mix Healthy Recipe

Mexican Fajita Spice Mix Healthy Recipe

Mexican Fajita Spice Mix Healthy Recipe

Mexican Fajita Spice Mix Healthy Recipe

Mexican Fajita Spice Mix Healthy Recipe

The spice mix is as follows, and please feel free to add extra if you want a bigger flavour of one spice! I'm very lenient with my mix and it ends up just an approximation of the below with me pouring all the spices in, still tastes just as good!

Serves 4

1 tbsp chilli powder
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp ground black pepper
3 tbsp olive oil

- Cut your chicken (or other meat) into chunks. Put in a bowl with the above to coat and then cook!

Now you know what you have to do... Organise a Mexican night and get these fajitas rustled up! I hope you enjoy the recipe. Let me know if you try!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© this Northerner.

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig