Tuesday 4 August 2015

The Bone, Santorini

On the plane over to Santorini, I looked over the travel magazine in the seat pocket that Thomas Cook had kindly left for me. In it were some features on amazing destinations to visit, water parks in lots of different countries and finally a restaurant recommendation list. Amongst the other restaurants listed was The Bone which was situated down the road from our hotel in Firostefani. After reading the review we decided we'd have to visit so asked the lady at reception to point us in the right direction.

When we walked into The Bone we could see it was a trendy hidden gem, situated on the main road heading to Fira, away from the caldera. We were shown to the bar whilst we waited for a table to come available which took no time at all. The decor was very impressive, it was clean, sharp, bright yet moody and topped off with some great accessories - um have you seen the lightbulbs?!

When the waiter brought over our menu it was on an Ipad. Very novelty but it really worked as you were able to click on the different categories and from there click on to the meals to get a picture and a description. This was really helpful for the Greek dishes that we hadn't heard of before.

The Bone - Santorini - Restaurant Review

The Bone - Santorini - Restaurant Review

The Bone - Santorini - Restaurant Review

The Bone - Santorini - Restaurant Review

The Bone - Santorini - Restaurant Review

The Bone - Santorini - Restaurant Review

The Bone - Santorini - Restaurant Review

I, of course, decided to get a cocktail, a strawberry daiquiri, which was probably the best one I've ever had. There were no fake syrups in this, it was the real deal. It wasn't an artificial strawberry taste, but real strawberries. Matt picked Crazy Donkey, the island's own IPA, which came in a large bottle.

When I tried my starter I was in love. It was the best thing ever. I can't quite recall exactly what it was but I know it was like a creamy chicken with peppers and pitta bread. I can remember that I wanted to eat it all but I held back as I still had my mains to come! The waiter was really attentive and noticed just as we'd finished our starters signalling to the kitchen to start our mains. When they came to take our plates they had the main dish ready to put on the table.

For my main meal, I picked a steak with a jacket potato and vegetables. I was really impressed with the quality of the meat and how well it was cooked. I wasn't too keen on the sides but I was already getting super full anyway. After this I basically couldn't move I was so full. It didn't seem like a lot of food but with barely anytime in between to break I was ready to explode. I should probably mention I also had a bit of bread to begin with...

When our plates had been taken the waiter, who looked a little like Shawn Michaels from WWE, brought us over some free chocolate cake to settle our food. I was in no fit state to eat anything else but Matt forced some down. We paid up and then rolled back to the hotel full of yummy food.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© this Northerner.

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig