Sunday 27 September 2015

Belle of the Ball - OOTN

The company that I work for helped to co-found a charity that helps young people in the area improve learning and employment opportunities as well as raising aspirations. We do a lot of work for the charity and when the idea of a fundraising ball came about it was myself and other colleagues responsibility to make this a reality. We've been working for months to set up the Ball and finally last Friday it happened.

I should mention this was a black tie event, so I had to get myself a special dress and Matt had to glam up in a tuxedo. I thought it would be good to do a little run down of my outfit for the evening.

Black Tie/ Evening Gown Outfit of the Night

Black Tie/ Evening Gown Outfit of the Night - Primark Monsoon

Black Tie/ Evening Gown Outfit of the Night - Little Mistress

Black Tie/ Evening Gown Outfit of the Night - Little Mistress

Black Tie/ Evening Gown Outfit of the Night - Geleration & Hair Style

The item I picked up first was my dress. This is from a brand called Little Mistress which is sold in House of Fraser. At £70 I thought this was a reasonable cost for a good quality floor-length gown. It was pulled in around the bust and waist with beautiful beading across the collarbone. The bottom was loose and flowy touching the floor. It fitted great and was a dream to wear.

To accompany this I found these heels in Primark for only £14.00 which were the perfect height and the colour matched really well. Then I went over to Monsoon and picked this glittery bag up for £15.00. Its a great size has a magnetic clasp and comes with a strap.

To accompany the look I decided to get gel nails done with the Jessica GELeration colour, it's taboo, which is a dark red with little glints of glitter. I did my hair myself and I basically just twisted bits of hair, folding under the end piece and gripping down. Then to finish I covered the twists which a piece of hair from each side. I took the picture above when I came in so that's why there are a few flyaways.

What do you think of the look?
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© this Northerner.

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig