Wednesday 4 November 2015

De Melo, a hidden gem in Middlesbrough

Ever since I heard that De Melo was opening I knew I wanted to try it out. A cafe dedicated to amazing coffee, cakes and treats is right up my street! Because its a little walk from the town centre it's not somewhere I've had the chance to visit yet. I love when new independent eateries open in Middlesbrough as it gives us more choice and better quality food. When a catch up was due with my friend I knew that we had to visit De Melo and get some sweet treats.

De Melo, Middlesbrough Food Review Story

De Melo, Middlesbrough Food Review

De Melo, Middlesbrough Food Review Chocolate Milkshake

De Melo, Middlesbrough Food Review

De Melo, Middlesbrough Food Review Front Counter

De Melo, Middlesbrough Food Review Rainbow Cake

De Melo, Middlesbrough Food Review Chocolate Waffle

De Melo, Middlesbrough Food Review

The space was open, modern and exceptionally clean. I love the colour theme that features in De Melo's branding and runs into the shop with deep purple and turquoise blue accents throughout their interior. There was a lot of choices when it came to food including a number of ice creams, waffles, pancakes and cake. I decided to go all out on chocolate and got a Ferrero Rocher milkshake and a waffle with chocolate and jaffa cake ice cream. Jess decided on the rainbow cake and a Snickers milkshake.

The milkshakes arrived first and they were lovely. You could definitely taste the chocolate element in them, i.e the Ferrero Rocher, but my only criticism was they were a little thin. I love a thick hearty milkshake! When our treats came we were thrilled. My waffle was tasty with just the right amount of toppings. The ice cream they use is top-notch, you can definitely taste the quality. Jess said she'd be back for more rainbow cake!

The staff are so friendly and very passionate about what they do. The food is delicious, they do savoury options now too, and it's such a lovely atmosphere.

De Melo is definitely a hidden gem in Middlesbrough. Although it's right in the heart of Middlesbrough it's still far enough from the centre and the shops that people don't walk past it often and realise its there. I've told a number of people I went to De Melo and they didn't know it was there. I hope I've opened your eyes to this delicious place and that you will visit!

If you are travelling from out of the area, or want to pop down from Newcastle, Travelodge offers lots of hotels in the area at great prices!

*In collaboration with Travelodge
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© this Northerner.

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig