Friday 11 March 2016

As much Chinese food as you want... Peking Garden Review, Stockton

Finally, I'm back with a food review. Seems I've only been eating in my own house recently, or I just haven't eaten anywhere fancy/tasty enough to write about. But now finally I've got a foody post for you with deliciousness cooked for me by someone else. The joy.

I'd like to talk to you about my new favourite Chinese buffet. Okay, okay, I know what you are thinking. Chinese Buffet?! I thought you said this was going to be good. And it is, calm your boots.

Peking Garden, located in Stockton, is a Chinese buffet, but a Chinese buffet with a difference. Basically, you pick what you want, and as much as you want, and they bring it all out fresh just as they would in a normal restaurant. No food on a buffet line, sneezed on by god knows who, that's dried up and not at its best. It's all made fresh and brought to your table. It's brilliant and very tasty. I said it would be tasty, didn't I?

So I've actually been here twice over the past two weeks. Once for a catch up with my friend (where I forgot to take a photo of my main dishes) and then again with my Mum. So I can without a shadow of a doubt tell you it's great food.

Peking Garden Stockton Chinese Restaurant Review Buffet

I'm not a very adventurous soul when it comes to Chinese food so I can't give you reviews on all the wonderfully spiced dishes they do, but here is what I had.

Peking Garden Stockton Chinese Restaurant Review Buffet

Peking Garden Stockton Chinese Restaurant Review Buffet

For my starter, I had vegetable spring rolls, crispy seaweed and salt and pepper chips. I could eat my starter for mains it was so good. The spring rolls were super yummy with a sweet and sour dip. I'd never had crispy seaweed before but I enjoyed this. And finally the salt and pepper chips. I am in love. They are quite salty but the flavour is delicious.

Peking Garden Stockton Chinese Restaurant Review Buffet

For mains, over my two visits, I tried; (1) sweet and sour battered chicken, noodles & mushrooms and onion. (2) chicken curry, egg fried rice & mushrooms and onion again! Both sets of food were lovely. I'm always very cautious with chicken in a Chinese and always normally go for veggie options but I was pleasantly surprised that all the chicken was good quality and very nice.

So what do you think? Fancy a trip to Peking Garden with me, I'm game to go back anytime.
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. Love the concept of this - food looks yummy and the prices are very reasonable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't been to a good chin ease buffet in ages!!!
    And although we have a chin ease takeaway last night, I could totally eat all the above right now!
    I love a good starter selection.. and it's always nice to dip in to a mix of meals. :)

    I always worry about the quality with buffets, as they're keeping it warm etc..


    Caroline.x
    www.notesfromcaroline.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post had me giggling!
    The chinese buffet looks too good, I like the idea of it all being cooked fresh so no one can sneeze all over my food as you say!!

    Great post :)

    KT xo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I go here all the time, but usually end up ordering about 7 appetisers and then I'm always too full for a main! The chicken curry looks really good though xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You cant beat salt and pepper chips!
    I hardly ever do Chinese food when I'm out, I really should make the effort soon to hunt out a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oscar and I went here a few times when we lived there and loved it! Now I want chinese food!! Lou x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Food and beverages outlets are always hotspots that people choose to have food and at the same time to do some discussions. Phoenix Chinese Restaurant

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't worry, because your problem will no more, just visit buzzintown and get details about all cuisine restaurants in major Indian cities by localities. Phoenix Chinese Restaurant

    ReplyDelete

© this Northerner.

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig