Saturday 30 July 2016

Getting a slice of the action at Barbarossa Pizza Kitchen & Bar, Middlesbrough

In an effort to eat my way along the new hip and happening street in Middlesbrough, we popped into Barbarossa Pizza Kitchen & Bar this weekend. Situated on Bedford Street, this small restaurant was filled to the brim with hungry customers all keen to get a slice of the action.

The menu had a great selection of pizzas from meaty to veggie from flat base to calzone. All pizzas are customisable, you can add or take away toppings depending on your preference. Both my Mum and I went for 'No.12' a tomato base pizza with mozzarella, mushrooms, parmesan, truffle oil and salami. I decided not to get the salami and so did Mum, she added goat's cheese to her pizza. My sister went for 'No.2' a simple cheese pizza with glorious mozzarella.

Barbarossa Pizza Kitchen & Bar, Middlesbrough Bedford Street

Barbarossa Pizza Kitchen & Bar, Middlesbrough Bedford Street

Barbarossa Pizza Kitchen & Bar, Middlesbrough Bedford Street

Barbarossa Pizza Kitchen & Bar, Middlesbrough Bedford Street

Barbarossa Pizza Kitchen & Bar, Middlesbrough Bedford Street

Barbarossa Pizza Kitchen & Bar, Middlesbrough Bedford Street

It took a while for our pizzas to come out but as they are created fresh and baked in a proper pizza oven, I think we can forgive this wait. Whilst we were waiting our drinks were served. Barbarossa serves a selection of fizzy drinks made by Square Root London in Hackney. I chose a strawberry soda, whilst Kelly went for a lemonade and Mum a cream soda. I thought mine was lovely, I've never really had a strawberry soda so it was nice to have for a change.

When our pizzas arrived they all looked amazing. Just out of the oven with fresh ingredients. There were pizza cutters and cutlery on the tables depending on if you wanted to eat with your fingers or not. When we tucked into our pizzas we could definitely taste the quality. They were delicious, definitely worth the wait.

Although Barbarossa is on the pricey side, I think it's definitely worth a visit. Fresh delicious pizzas, a brilliant selection of drinks and a great atmosphere.

Will you be visiting?
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. That pizza looks amazing - I know where I'll be eating if I ever visit Middlesbrough! I love the innovative topping choices, it's something a bit different than you normally get in your typical pizza place! x

    Laura // Middle of Adventure

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm these look delicious - food doesn't get much better than fresh pizza!

    ReplyDelete

© this Northerner.

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig