Tuesday 13 September 2016

Back in time for some nibbles with friends - Alchemy & Co, Middlesbrough

In an effort to prove that I'm very much an adult and enjoy being civilised, I ventured out again to try another antipasto platter. My first experience of this was at No.34 and I very much enjoyed it. This might have been helped by the abundance of cocktails I had, which were also very dreamy, but overall I had a really nice time. 

We ventured out again, but this time trying out what Alchemy & Co have to offer in Middlesbrough. We visited in July (I know sorry this is late) when it was their 'birthday month' this meant, as well as getting one cocktail with our platter each, we got an extra one! Bonus!

Alchemy and Co - Middlesbrough, Bar Review -  Teesside - Cocktails Antipasto

Alchemy and Co - Middlesbrough, Bar Review -  Teesside - Cocktails Antipasto

Alchemy and Co - Middlesbrough, Bar Review -  Teesside - Cocktails Antipasto

Alchemy and Co - Middlesbrough, Bar Review -  Teesside - Cocktails Antipasto

Alchemy & Co is most known as a bar, more specifically a prohibition bar bringing you back to the 1920s. They even have a lock of the door which you can only access if you have the code. Very secret. We heard about their platters on Facebook and as we got an extra cocktail with the deal, we couldn't very well turn it down.

One Friday night we booked ourselves in and popped down to Middlesbrough's Southfield Road to try out luck. As I've only ever had one, very lovely, antipasto platter, this one had expectations to live up to. When it was brought out it was full to the brim with meats and cheeses with lots of peppery accompaniments. Compared to the last one it was really missing some good dips. We did have some lovely tasting meats, fresh salad, a good wedge of cheese, bread and grapes.

The cocktails really live up to the 1920's vibe with only proper ones on the menu. Forget the Woo-woo and your Sex on the Beach, Alchemy & Co sell old fashion cocktails that you'd expect to get in the era. I can't recall what the first drink I picked but it was prosecco-based and tasted yummy. The second one I chose was a good old-fashioned Cosmopolitan.

I'm a big fan of Alchemy & Co as I love small, quiet, exclusive bars where you can't fit too many people. I'm too old for the night scene in Middlesbrough now, so Alchemy & Co is a breath of fresh air. It is very chilled and relaxing whilst selling some great cocktails and liquors.
SaveSave
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. ooo i love the look and sound of this place. That platter looks amazing, so yummy! :)

    Caroline.x
    www.carolineelgeywhite.com

    ReplyDelete

© this Northerner.

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig