Sunday 11 September 2016

First GBK experience

In my quest to eat burgers at as many different places as I can, one that had slipped under my radar was the Gourmet Burger Kitchen. I always see vloggers, Zoe and Alfie ordering in and obsessing over their skinny fries. 

Last Friday me, Mum and baby Noah went for a trip to IKEA and needed some food. As we were travelling to the Metro Centre, I wanted to visit somewhere we don't have in Middlesbrough. With Italian and Asian off our list for the night, we decided to try out GBK.

Gourmet Burger Kitchen, Metro Centre, Newcastle, Food Review

Gourmet Burger Kitchen, Metro Centre, Newcastle, Food Review

Gourmet Burger Kitchen, Metro Centre, Newcastle, Food Review

Gourmet Burger Kitchen, Metro Centre, Newcastle, Food Review

Gourmet Burger Kitchen, Metro Centre, Newcastle, Food Review

Gourmet Burger Kitchen, Metro Centre, Newcastle, Food Review

Like many other burger joints, GBK has a great selection of burgers with unique combinations of fillings as well as lots of sides and extras. As there were so many delicious choices, I found it very hard to decide. The waitress brought over a special deal menu which meant we could get a burger, fries and a drink for £9.95 after 5pm. These were standard burgers including plain, cheese and also chicken. However, after looking at the full menu we had seen some extras that we definitely had to have. On Mum's chicken burger she had Camembert and I had truffle cheese on my fries.

I went for my usual cheeseburger and it was really lovely. It was well done on the outside but still juicy in the middle, quite similar in taste to Burger King but much better quality meat. The fries were to die for, I wish I could live in them! They were so different from what I've had before and so good with the truffle cheese.

With the deal, there was only a selection of three drinks and from these, we both chose a strawberry and elderflower soda. It was very fruity and refreshing.

I  really enjoyed my first experience to GBK even though I still didn't try their skinny fries that Zoella is always banging on about. I will definitely be back again when I'm in the vicinity of a GBK.

If you've visited, what's your favourite burger from their menu?
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. £9.95 is a canny deal - I don't think I've ever been! We occasionally visit Handmade Burger Company but it would be nice to try somewhere new x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a really good deal and looks so yummy! Those fries thoughhhhh........ :P :P :P :P
    I really need to venture up!

    Caroline.x
    www.carolineelgeywhite.com

    ReplyDelete

© this Northerner.

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig