Tuesday 27 December 2016

Christmas 2016

What a whirlwind Christmas has been this year, although don't we say that every year? We've got a number of traditions we stick to each year, the first being our Christmas Eve buffet. This year, as you can see, we didn't hold back. Although there are only two of us, I still overdid it and bought far too much food. We had fresh little sausage rolls, Doritos, potato wedges, carrots and hummus, spring rolls, party sausages, cheese blocks, pickled onions and pineapple as well as garlic bread. It was so delicious and I want it all over again.

Christmas Eve Tradition Buffet

For Christmas this year we went to Matt's parent's house. We take turns every year and then the other person's parent's house gets us for New Years Day dinner. So we will be at Mum's on Sunday. Sue (Matt's Mum) had gone all out again decorating the table beautifully, providing a well-stocked bar and rustling up an amazing Christmas dinner. I brought round Articulate (a firm favourite in our house) to play on the day and everyone got very competitive. By the end of the night after many beers, gins and martinis, we were on the tequila shots. It was my first ever tequila shot and it wasn't that bad.

Christmas Day 2016 Table Setting

Christmas Decorations

Christmas Day Prosecco

Christmas Day Prosecco

Christmas Day 2016 Table Setting

Christmas Day Dinner 2016

Christmas Day Game Articulate

Boxing Day Home Alone Christmas

We didn't end up leaving until around Midnight and I have to say its the first and only time I've been very drunk on Christmas day. As if by a Christmas miracle, on Boxing Day I didn't have a hangover! What's that about? Boxing Day we visited more of the family on my side that we didn't get to see on Christmas Day. When we got home we snuggled up and watched Home Alone which was my first time seeing it.

We've had a lovely time off so far and I am looking forward to more chills and lots more food over the next few days.

How was your Christmas?
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. It sounds like a brilliant Christmas. I love a game of Articulate! The dinner looks great and I really like your idea of having a buffet on Christmas eve! I might try that next year.

    Jenn
     Photo-Jenn-ic 
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds ike a lovely Christmas! We usualy do a boxing day buffet but might double up next year and do a Chrsitmas eve one too! :D

    ReplyDelete

© this Northerner.

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig