Saturday 31 December 2016

Sampling Thai food in Stokesley - Y'Thai Restaurant Review

Since first trying Thai food in Dublin I've grown very fond of it and have really wanted to eat more of it. Around Middlesbrough, there aren't many known Thai restaurants, but one that I have heard of is Y'Thai in Stokesley. Stokesley is a cute little town, around 10 minutes from my house, which has a high street very similar to Yarm with lots of cobbled streets. In terms of food places, Stokesley is quite undiscovered for me. 

When Christmas comes around its a time to meet up with friends and catch up over food. This provides a chance for me to try out lots of new places that have been on my list for a while. I'd been dying to go to Y'Thai so I was glad when my friend was up for a visit.

Although I always want to go for Thai food, I'm not that adventurous. I love vegetables and chicken, but I won't do pork or seafood and get funny about beef in restaurants, so it reduces my choices on the menu. For starters, I chose a classic, Thai vegetable spring rolls. These were lovely and served with a sweet chilli sauce which was quite hot! My friend picked Dim Sum with hot soy and chilli, a favourite of hers. They came very well presented with a lovely little side salad.

Y'Thai Stokesley, Middlesbrough, Teesside, Food ReviewY'Thai Stokesley, Middlesbrough, Teesside, Food Review
Y'Thai Stokesley, Middlesbrough, Teesside, Food Review
Y'Thai Stokesley, Middlesbrough, Teesside, Food Review

For my main meal, I chose Kai Pad Nam Mun Hoy, which was fried chicken with vegetables and oyster sauce. If I'm honest it wasn't very special in what it was, you could probably easily make it at home, but it was very delicious and I ate it all up. Rachel chose Pad Thai Pork, as an alternative to her usual chicken, which included noodles with egg, beansprouts, ground peanuts and vegetables.

After we pursued the dessert menu but felt that we were too full for dessert although there was a nice little selection to pick from. Overall it was a lovely visit. The restaurant is in a great location with good parking, its quite big and spacious and they provide great service. I'll definitely be back to sample more of the menu and next time I might be a bit more adventurous.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© this Northerner.

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig