Sunday 1 January 2017

Keep that festive feeling every month.

Okay, so we've come to that point in which our numerous days off have come to an end. Reality is setting back in and we're going to have to go to work again. We can't simply stay at home, gorge on food and enjoy our families company forever. We've got to go out into the big wide world and earn our pennies. What a bloody bummer ey.

Can I win the lottery, please?

Anyways, back to my actual point. Christmas is a magical time of the year. We count down to a special day in the calendar preparing our house for the occasion and putting so much emphasis on the day. Now that it's over, what happens? We wait another 365 days for it to come around again. For me that's sad.

So how do we keep this magical Christmas feeling all year round and not get down by the fact we have to go to work and be real people? Here are a few ideas about how you can stay in high spirits all year round.

- Make plans. This is top of the list because ultimately that's all Christmas is one big plan. Each month if you can decide to do one or two great things that you're really excited for then you're on to a winner. It doesn't have to cost a lot, it could simply be seeing a long lost friend for a cup of coffee and a slice of cake, or going for a walk to a scenic spot you've never been before. Whatever it is, just make sure you're excited about it.

- Treat yourself. At Christmas we treat ourselves, we treat ourselves big time. Now I'm not saying to keep up that kind of eating, I'm saying if you want that cake then have it. When Christmas is over we give ourselves so many restrictions on what we can eat, do, say and be like in the New Year. Well, no thanks, it's all about balance and if I want to treat myself to that cupcake, I bloody well will.



- Don't wish away all of your days. Okay, so this contradicts my first statement about getting excited for one day a month as I want to make sure you're enjoying every day. With Christmas we count down so intensely to the 25th December that as quick as it comes, it's gone again. Plan some great big fun things, but also have lots of daily wins that make you happy.

- Make your home cosy. One thing that makes us look forward to Christmas time is the decorations and the impact it makes on your home. Putting up the tree, adding the tinsel, fairy lights and copious candles makes your house feel cosier. Keep this theme going throughout the year and add cosy touches where you can.



- See friends and family more often. This is always on our New Years Resolution list but somehow it seems hard to keep to. Christmas is one time of the year when we all get together with our families and for the most part, we love the time we spend with them. It makes you feel warm and fuzzy to be with the ones that you love, taking time away from social media to really indulge in conversation.

If we all make an effort to do these five things this year, I think we can keep that Christmas feeling alive until, well next Christmas...
SaveSave
SHARE:

7 comments

  1. Great post Danni. Such good points and things to remember.
    As you say I think it's easy to wish days and time away, but the sad reality is that you can't get them back once they're gone, so you need to make the most of them. Be grateful for what you have.
    You also are the main contributor to your happiness. You can make a bad day good and a good day even better. I read something recently that said upon waking on a morning do something that makes you happy, be it to sit quietly and savour a full cup of tea or coffee (hello parents.lol) or meditation, or a cuddle with a loved one. :)

    Love making plans and looking forward to seeing you next month for cake. :)

    Caroline.x
    www.carolineelgeywhite.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Caroline! Definitely, always try to make the best of any situation! xo

      Delete
  2. I NEED THIS!!! I'm so awful after Christmas, I get so down in the dumps and it's so silly! I'm dreading going back to work tomorrow and it's so hard to stay positive in January! I definitely need some plans in the diary to get me through the next few months!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, I do not want to go back to work at all :( I think plans are always good to keep the spirits up! xo

      Delete
  3. I love this post and idea that you want to share. All your tips definitely should help to create that festive feeling every single day.

    -Leta | The Nerdy Me

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are great tips! I plan to make lots of plans! And you know I'll be treating myself to a cake of seven! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely idea! A perfect read for a Monday, well done you x

    www.sheintheknow.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

© this Northerner.

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig