Sunday 29 January 2017

Pre-match day date at The Fork in the Road, Middlesbrough

This weekend my boyfriend and I decided it had been too long since we'd been to a Boro match together and got tickets to see Saturday's game. We wanted to make a little day of it so said we would go out for food. You all know how going for food makes me happy and when he asked me where to go, I instantly said The Fork in the Road.

Opened just before Christmas, The Fork in the Road is a not-for-profit business that focuses on offering opportunities to those who need help getting back into employment including recovering addicts, ex-offenders and the long-term unemployed. The Fork in the Road adds another restaurant to Middlesbrough's bustling food scene. Located just off Bedford and Baker Street, its in the perfect location for a great night out.

We visited at lunchtime, around 1.30pm on a Saturday, and were attended to brilliantly. There were a number of members of staff walking the room ensuring everyone was happy with their food and happy to help if anything extra was needed. We were handed the lunch menu and were pleasantly surprised by the great choice. I'm quite a fussy person when it comes to food but this menu catered brilliantly and there were many options I could have picked.

The Fork in the Road Middlesbrough Food Review Restaurant Teesside

The Fork in the Road Middlesbrough Food Review Restaurant Teesside

The Fork in the Road Middlesbrough Food Review Restaurant Teesside

The Fork in the Road Middlesbrough Food Review Restaurant Teesside

The Fork in the Road Middlesbrough Food Review Restaurant Teesside

In the end, I decided to go for the Pie of the Day which was Steak and Blue Cheese. Matt went a little healthier and chose the Belly Pork and Chorizo Salad. It took a while for our food to arrive but I think it was down to the fact that I chose the pie! When it did finally arrive we were both happy with the presentation and of course the taste of our chosen dishes.

I was apprehensive about the fact my pie had blue cheese in it as I know it can be overpowering. This pie had the perfect balance with the cheese just adding something a little extra. It was quite a rich pie but it was softened by the fact I had mash and a selection of green vegetables to accompany it. Matt really enjoyed his salad and was pleased it was topped with a perfectly poached egg.

Before I wrap up and tell you that you all must visit The Fork in the Road, I must comment on the decor. They've really done a great job of making the restaurant feel elegant and modern whilst also keeping elements of Middlesbrough's heritage. I love places that play an ode to our location history instead of trying to modernise everything. I would definitely have a lot of their style elements in my home. I know I've been rabbiting on about the decor for a while but I think it definitely adds to the experience of a restaurant as it's all about the atmosphere as well as the food.

I'm thrilled that we have yet another fantastic restaurant in Middlesbrough that I can tell everyone about. If you are in the area and looking for a delicious lunch or a yummy dinner, I can't recommend The Fork in the Road enough.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© this Northerner.

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig