Tuesday 6 May 2014

Kaminaki Greek Taverna, Stockton

I love to try new foods but I am a bit fussy, okay very fussy. I only like the sound of things that I know I will like, I never try something I'm a bit unsure of. Greek cuisine is something I've always wanted to try as a lot of the ingredients they use I enjoy. Recently someone recommended a Greek restaurant near where I live that I hadn't previously know existed. Kaminaki Greek Taverna is a small authentic restaurant off Stockton High Street with a hearty menu filled with classic Greek dishes. Me and my friend Danni visited to see what it was like and have a catch-up!

Kaminaki Greek Taverna - Stockton - Review - Greek Food

Kaminaki Greek Taverna - Review - Stockton

Kaminaki Greek Taverna - Review - Stockton

Kaminaki Greek Taverna - Stockton - Review - Greek Food

When inside it was like you were transported to a holiday in Greece. On the walls were little shutters pretending to be windows and there were many plants and plastic vines up the walls giving you a real feel of being abroad. The tables were dressed very colourfully and with amazing striped table cloths.

It took me ages to order as there were so many dishes I fancied trying but in the end, I settled on Kotopoulo Lemonato which was pieces of chicken cooked in onion, white wine and special spices finished in lemon sauce. It was accompanied by a small dish of vegetables to share. Danni picked Moschari Sofigadoura which was pieces of beef sautéed in onions, garlic, tomatoes and oregano, topped with Cephalotiri cheese served in a pot.

My chicken was gorgeous! The sauce was delicious, very sweet but it went perfectly with the sides. I couldn't finish it all as there was so much but I had a good go. After we decided to get a dessert as I'd heard good things about Greek sweets. I chose Galaktoboureko, vanilla milk and cream pie in filo pastry whilst Danni had Baklava, layers of filo pastry with walnuts and honey. Mine was lovely and creamy but quite sickly, I didn't manage to finish it all but enjoyed what I had.

I was really pleased we decided to visit Kaminaki as it is something new that I've discovered I like. I now want to go back to try more of the menu but most of all I want to go to Greece and try the food in the country! I best get saving!
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Greek food is something that I never really think to go out and have yet whenever I've been to Greece I've really enjoyed it!

    You NEEEEEED to get yourself a Greek holiday booked, it's such a beautiful country, the islands are amazing. As of next Summer there are direct flights from Newcastle out to Santorini which I'm dying to visit cos it's supposed to be lovely!

    Chloe x
    newgirlintoon.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love cooking Greek dishes and sweets, Baklava is my favourite! However I haven't been to Greece or even a Greek restaurant in this country so I think I'll be putting that on my list of things to do this Summer!
    All the food looks delicious and the interior of this restaurant looks gorgeous, very Greek!

    Tamsyn-Elizabeth
    http://www.peachpowxo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks delicious. I'm not far from Stockton so I will have to try it sometime. X

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been meaning to go to this restaurant for ages, as it's not that far from our house! Love love love greek food! Will definitely get a table booked for this weekend now! :)

    ReplyDelete

© this Northerner.

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig