Wednesday 21 May 2014

Out of this world - Cling Film Nail Art

I've been a little lax with my nails recently. I think it is a combination of having my polishes upstairs out of the way and getting a new carpet (meaning I am more careful to spill anything). Having said that my nails needed some proper painting so I decided to use the old cling film technique to get this gorgeous effect.

Cling Film Nail Art Tutorial - Blue Essie OPI

Cling Film Nail Art Tutorial - Blue Essie OPI

Cling Film Nail Art Tutorial - Blue Essie OPI

Cling Film Nail Art Tutorial - Blue Essie OPI

Cling Film Nail Art Tutorial - Blue Essie OPI

I had planned on this looking a bit more like the world with green patches of land and blue sea but when I put the colours on I thought they looked a bit more space like. I've previously only used one colour in a cling film manicure but I thought I'd try two for a change which I think worked really well.

If you want to know how I did this, listen up. Paint your nails a base colour, I used OPI Eurso Euro. Get two pieces of cling film, crumple them up separately. The pieces don't have to be too big just big enough that they cover your nail when pressed flat. Paint some polish onto your cling film (I used Essie - trophy wife & fair game), dab it on some paper to take the excess off then start pressing it on your nails. Then do this with the other piece until you like the look of it on your nails. This will get messy around your nails so maybe use tape around the edges or you will have some major clean up.

I hope you like this manicure and that you will give it a go! It is super easy and creates a great look. Let me know if you try it!
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. Wow, I tried this technique a while back, but with just two colours, not three. I'v never even considered using three but I absolutely adore this, will definitely be trying this myself when I get the chance.

    Rebecca Kate x
    Charming Skies

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes use more! It will make it even better! :D xx

      Delete
  2. These look great! I am going to have to give this a go :)

    Faye | freckles-and-all.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look lovely - and great choice of shades!

    ReplyDelete

© this Northerner.

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig