Friday 1 January 2016

December Favourites.

Well, let me start by wishing you all a very Happy New Year. I hope that 2016 brings everything you want and that you achieve all that you set out to do. Now back to the main reason we are here, to talk about what I've loved in December.


Sweet tooth. You can't survive the festive period without a million gazillion sweets and chocolate. Let me tell you, I consumed so much I think you'll have to roll me to work on Monday. Like everyone though, I'm now back on the bandwagon and looking forward to a healthy 2016.

A perfect dish. Oh my. Just how nice are roasts though. This month I've had way too many, including the special Christmas day dinner. They were all delicious especially when I covered them in mint sauce. My fave.

All homemade. This year I've really started getting into crafting and tried to make some people's Christmas presents. I personalised some mugs, created a woollen wreath and made some yummy chocolate truffles. I think people really appreciated their homemade presents.

All that glitters. When Anna Saccone-Joly announced that she would be releasing her own line of jewellery I knew that I'd have to get one. I've been on the lookout for a coin necklace for a while now and I thought this would be perfect. I got this for Christmas and I'm in love. It's so sleek, great quality and very cute.

Seeing ma peeps. I love that at Christmas time you make a special effort to see everyone before the big man arrives. Whether this is over a quick cuppa, a delicious meal or five bottles of prosecco, I always have a great time catching up and swapping presents.

Now on TV. Homeland is something we've been catching up on recently. We had the last season recorded and over this festive period we've finally had time to binge-watch it and it's brilliant. I'd go as far as saying it's one of my favourite seasons.

Stomping around town. I asked for some white Converse trainers a while back off Mum for Christmas. When the day rolled around I was pleasantly surprised to open them up. I haven't taken them off my feet yet. Every outing we've been on I've had them on!

Soup for the soul. I like to try and use up what I've got in the cupboard when I'm cooking. Recently I found some red lentils that were soon to go out of date so I found this recipe on Pinterest for carrot and red lentil soup. It was very tasty!

Snazzy new laptop. My old laptop had started to tell me that it needed a new battery. I'd had my Dell for years and years so I thought maybe it was time for a change. I've been saving for quite a while so decided it was now time to get a Macbook. I couldn't be more pleased with it. It's super-fast, super clean and just all-round cool!

What are your December favourites?
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Great post Danni - love the homemade truffles and the Mac of course!

    Xo.

    ReplyDelete

© this Northerner.

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig