Sunday 21 July 2013

How to: Ombre Nail Art Tutorial

I love to take time to paint my nails but trying out new techniques is not something I often have the chance to do. I don't have much patience, so if I mess up my nails I'm in a terrible mood. I like to do other people's nails and when I asked my sister what nail art she wanted me to try, she asked for multiple colours. I'd seen ombre nails on Instagram so suggested I could try this technique and see how it turned out.

Ombre Nail Art Review

In order to understand how to create the look I used this a Youtube tutorial which was really easy to follow and created the desired look. To help you recreate this nail art look I've written a short tutorial below:

You'll need:
- A white nail varnish (I used OPI Alpine Snow)
- A sponge cut to the size of your nails (makeup or household)
- Three nail varnish colours to be used in your ombre (I used Sinful Colours - Blue - Sweet Nothing, Purple - Candy Coated, Pink - Sugar N Spice)
  1. First, paint your nails a base coat of white. 
  2. Paint the three nail varnish colours in lines one after the other onto the sponge. Make sure you get enough polish on the sponge so that it will apply nicely.
  3. Press the sponge on to your nails, you can either roll it on or press, I think a combination of the two works best.
  4. Then as the sponge will have been slightly bigger than your nails you need to clean up! Do this will some nail varnish remover and a small nail art brush.
What do you think? Fancy trying this out? Let me know if you do!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© this Northerner.

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig