Wednesday 28 August 2013

Becoming a blogger!

Now if you ask me why I started a blog I'd probably give you one of three answers:
  1. I have no idea!
  2. I had too much free time...
  3. It looked like a cool thing to do.
Anyone of these answers will sum me up - I have no idea what I am doing most the time and if I have free time I will try something out that looks exciting. To be honest now that I have started blogging, more recently beauty blogging, I am really glad that I did.

As I work in PR and Marketing you would assume that I am great at writing, or that I did some sort of English/Journalism degree. You would be SO wrong! I came into my job by total luck whilst doing a leadership and management course (boring). Writing about things that I am passionate about helps me improve my language and the way I express things which will really help me in my job (again boring I know)!

Beauty blogging has also given me a community in which to make friends! I haven't really kept in touch with a lot of people from school/college and only made a few friends in University so it is nice to have somewhere where I can connect with people with the same interests as me. And everyone is super friendly!

Becoming a blogger has made me want to buy more and try more new products, which isn't friendly to my bank balance but could be really beneficial to me! I do get caught up in fads and hyped up products but I think reading other blogs can help you decide for yourself what you want to get drawn into.

I must admit I am finding it hard to think of posts that will interest everyone when I am not really into make up like most beauty bloggers, I prefer skincare, haircare and NAILS! Having said that I am really trying to make my blog the best it can be by writing about what I know, connecting with other bloggers and keeping my appearances up on twitter/instagram!

Do any of you new bloggers feel like this? Any tip for a new blogger?
SHARE:

9 comments

  1. Lovely post hun. Got your link in a chat a few nights back - sorry for dropping by so long after! But I really enjoyed this post. I feel like it was really personal - I love getting to know the writer behind the blog. And don't stress too much about being interesting; remember, this is YOUR space on the internet, a spot to be you. :)

    beautybydm.blogspot.com x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks, yeah I think this is the most personal post I have wrote! Glad you enjoyed it and thanks for the advise :)

      x

      Delete
  2. So nice...I like your pretty blog.^^
    Maybe follow each other on bloglovin?
    Let me know follow you then back.
    Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey chickie, you just have to stick to what you know and love! What's the point of blogging about things that don't interest you just to cater to a certain audience? Every blog has it's niche and you will find yours, but don't sell out - keep it personal and about things you love, that is how you remain relatable! It takes time that's for sure. My blog has been active a few months now but with every post I'm getting more and more hits, and I know it's because I'm sticking to what I know and love, not basing my blog around what I think others want to hear about. I look forward to seeing your future posts!!!!! xx

    Find me on bloglovin:
    http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/7392713

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Bianca! :) Great words of wisdom. You are totally right, you have to blog about what you know and like and not be bothered what others want.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think inspiration comes from everywhere - I read a lot of digital titles and magazines to gain ideas and I also look to other bloggers for tags (or make up your own if you can't find one - everyone loves finding new tags) or 'quirky' posts. I'm a beauty blogger but I'll review books or talk about food or my travels. Its your blog and people will be interested. Nails are absolutely huge right now and I know blogs that are solely dedicated to nail designs and polishes. Skincare will always be huge - everyone wants perfect skin. I guess I'm trying to say there will always be an audience to read your blog - any blog - no matter how big or small - so as long as you're writing for yourself and the things you like, you'll gain a readership regardless over time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for that Helen! I appreciate your comment as I can totally understand and take a lot from it. You are right, I have to write about what I want to! :)

      x

      Delete
  6. Haha, "too much free time" (I know what you mean). Just enjoy blogging in your own little space of the internet! Post whatever, whenever you like and if somebody else enjoys it, then that's great too :) x

    Danielle · danielletc.com

    ReplyDelete

© this Northerner.

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig