Friday 16 August 2013

Sweet Treats in Florence - travel

When you think of Italy you think of pizza, pasta, vespa scooters and the Italian language. When I was in Florence I enjoyed some sweet treats that you should have all heard of.

Gelato

Of course, I was going to say this, it is supposed to be the best in the world! You cannot come to Italy without eating some famous Italian gelato, there is a gelato shop on literally every corner in Florence. When we were in Florence we came across a gorgeous gelato shop that we kept going back to called Le botteghe di Leonardo. There I tried pistachio and choc/hazelnut, these were amazing. I also tried some kibanana (kiwi and banana) this was weird but surprisingly nice! Here are some pictures of the ice cream we ate so you can drool...

Gelato in Florence Italy
Gelato in Florence Italy

Ice Tea

Now I know that Ice Tea is a worldwide thing and when in the UK I do love a Lipton's peach ice tea but in the UK it is hard to find! In Florence, it was in every shop and even on tap in McDonald's. It is fair to say I drank a lot.

Cannoli

Anyone out there who has seen Carlo's bakery on TV will know what a cannoli is and want to try one. I was no different. When I got to Florence this was one of the things I wanted to get my hands on and when I did I was surprised at how yummy they were. Cannolis have a hard sweet taco shell with a sweet thick filling, mine also had a few chocolate chips. I must admit it was rather sickly but I ate it all.

Cannoli in Florence
Cannoli in Florence

If you know where these are sold in the UK let me know!

Have you tried any of these? What do you think?
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. McDonald's iced tea is shockingly good! Wish they had it in the UK.

    I love real Italian gelato--if you're in London, try Scoop on Covent Garden--and it is really easy to make at home. Plus, slightly healthier than regular ice-cream, too! Win-win.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too!

      Thanks for the tip Angela, I will try it :)

      x

      Delete

© this Northerner.

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig