Wednesday 19 February 2014

The Diner and a birthday cupcake

In the early days of Gingerbread Smiles, I blogged about the Diner but it’s been a while and I've had a lot of new followers since then so I thought I’d tell you about my most recent venture there. We've actually been their three times now always tending to venture there when we are down in London. Mum has become obsessed with their ribs so we had to go back for her birthday.

We went to the Diner with my friend Jess, who came down with us, her friend Gemma, from Liverpool but down with Jess for Taylor Swift, and my friend Sophie, who lives down South but I met her through our love of the Jonas Brothers and we've since kept in touch. So as you can imagine a gaggle of girls all chatting about Taylor Swift, who we've met and who we want to meet.


The Diner Soho London Restaurant Review

The Diner Soho London Restaurant Review
When we were all finally there we decided to order going straight for our main meals. Now I never go for chicken on the bone, I'm always a boneless kinda gal, but for some reason I really wanted chicken and the chicken wings appealed to me. I was very confused at myself for getting them, it was almost like an out of body experience eating them, but I actually quite enjoyed them. They were fried in a crispy batter and then sat in some sort of spicy sauce which was a bit hot but I kept eating them. They came with a blue cheese sauce which I didn't enjoy; it was very tangy and didn't seem to go. I also devoured a huge bowl of wet fries, a.k.a gravy and chips, but I left some chicken wings. I'm not an animal!


The Diner Soho London Restaurant Review

The Diner Soho London Restaurant Review
Earlier in the day at Primrose Bakery, I failed at getting a candle for mum to blow out on her birthday so my next chance was at the Diner. I had Sophie bring a cupcake and a candle, which I was very grateful for, and she handed this to the restaurant staff as she walked in. The problem came when we were paying and the cake hadn't appeared. I had to fain a need for the toilet and ask the staff WHERE IS THE CAKE? They swiftly brought out the cake and we all sang happy birthday. She was pleasantly surprised.
If you need somewhere easy and yummy to eat I would suggest the Diner. They have seven locations of which we visited the Soho one just off Carnaby Street so very accessible.

Have you been?
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. This looks really good! I'll be checking it out next time I'm in London :) xx

    ReplyDelete

© this Northerner.

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig