Tuesday 19 November 2013

Essentials for surviving a cold

I'm not one to usually get ill but this month I suffered from an awful cold. It started out as a tickly throat, turned into a snotty mess and then finished with a horrible cough. It wasn't pretty - sorry for the images I've put in your mind.

As I thought that a lot of people will be getting the bug this time of year I've put together a list of my essential items for surviving a cold.

Essentials for surviving a cold
Essentials for surviving a cold
Essentials for surviving a cold
Essentials for surviving a cold
Essentials for surviving a cold
Essentials for surviving a cold

First off you need some good soft tissues! I really like Kleenex balsam tissues as they are so gentle on my nose.

Next is vapour rub. Although you can do as it says on the box and rub it on your chest, throat and back, I tend to put a little bit under my nose before I go to bed and it helps me breathe much better.

When you have a cold you are constantly blowing your nose and having to rub tissues on your nose. No matter how soft the tissues you have are, you are bound to end up with a sore nose. Nivea Creme is essential for keeping your nose from drying out and helps soothe.

Next is lip balm. This is a must because most of the time during a cold you end up breathing through your mouth. This leads to chapped lips which make you feel even worse. Keep your lips hydrated!

Lastly, if you have a cough it is always useful to have Soothers on hand to suck when you have a sore throat. They can soothe your throat and also help you keep your tickly cough at bay.

Hopefully, you can take some tips from my essentials and they can help you survive your cold.

What else would you add to this list?
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. I had never even thought of putting cream on my nose when I get a cold. Such a good idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least my post helped one person hehe! I thought it was a bit lame putting this up! x

      Delete
  2. Great idea for a post! I loveeeee Vapour Rub it's seriously the best thing ever when you have a cold.


    Sarah | More Than Adored

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah! I was worried people would think it was weird! x

      Delete

© this Northerner.

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig