Tuesday 5 November 2013

What's cooking? Recipe ideas!

I've always said on my blog how much I love to cook. I much prefer taking some time out of my day to make a meal than to sit with a ready meal after five minutes in the microwave. It's better for you to cook and I think it makes you feel good about yourself like you've achieved something for cooking a lovely meal.

Over the past few weeks, I've been cooking up a storm making all sorts of hearty meals for the rest of the family.

What's cooking? Meal Ideas

So what have I been cooking?

Beef casserole - This was really easy to make with a store bought sachet and fresh ingredients. Simply cut the beef and carrots, add them to a casserole dish with water and the sachet and then cook in the oven for an hour and three quarters! Yum!

Cauliflower cheese - Super easy to make! All you need is cheese sauce, which you can make fresh, buy or use a sachet and cooked cauliflower. Mix these two in a casserole dish and cook for 10/20 minutes.

Chilli con carne - Again I cheated and bought a sachet to help. Basically this entailed cooking the beef (and I added mushrooms) then adding a tin of tomatos, kidney beans and some water. You then let this simmer for 20minutes. Done!

Nachos - This was one of those days when you just can't be bothered to cook anything! So all I did was put some nachos on a plate, added salsa and cheese then place under the grill for 5 minutes until the cheese was melted.

Pie, mash and vegetables - This was a store bought pie that took about 30minutes to cook and whilst it was cooking I made the mashed potato and vegetables!

Butternut squash soup - We bought a butternut squash in the shopping hoping to make soup and the same week I came across Abundance of Erica's recipe. This made a yummy sweet soup!

As you can see these are all pretty simple dishes that you can easily make in no time. Although I did take the cheats way out on a few of these dishes I think it is much better for you than eating ready meal rubbish!

I hope I inspire you to get in the kitchen a bit more? Let me know if you cook anything!
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Oh I haven't had chili con carne in an age! I think it's okay to cheat in dishes, the majority of it is home made - at least that's what I tell myself. I do make home made curries every Wednesday, pastes and all which is great fun!

    ReplyDelete

© this Northerner.

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig