Saturday 16 November 2013

Top 3 TV picks

Since having my Virgin TiVo box installed earlier this year I have been addicted to TV. I can record everything I want and noone can tell me I can't. Amazing! This means I can follow my favourite shows without it clashing with other people's or being deleted because someone else needs space.

I wanted to share three TV shows that I am watching at the moment so you have the chance to watch them too.

The Blacklist

The Blacklist TV recommendation
Image source
Currently on Living TV

The Blacklist is a new show on Living TV which started a couple of weeks back. This revolves around one of America's most wanted criminals (Reddington) working with the FBI to catch criminals that they don't even know exist. During the show, Reddington asks for newly qualified FBI profiler Elizabeth Keen to be the one that he liaises with. They've never met before but he seems to know all about her. Together they catch criminals!

I love American crime dramas where a team will go out and catch criminals, this is basically that but with an unusual team. Each episode is named after the criminal they will search out; so far each one has been very different from the other. Throughout the show the storyline of how Reddington knows Keen continues in the background as she learns about her past.

I can't wait to see where this will lead and hopefully they will continue with this and make a series 2!

Misfits

Misfits TV recommendation
Image source
Currently on E4

The first season on Misfits was aired in 2009 and it is now on its fifth. All of the original characters have been replaced throughout the show which produces the cast of season 5.

The show revolves around a group of young offenders, carrying out community service, who all have superpowers. These powers came after a freak storm in the first season and it seems that lots of other people have powers too. Misfits basically follows them on their community service, dealing with their powers and others that they meet. I love this because it is young, British and really raw. They are constantly knocking someone off, doing something inappropriate or saying something off. It is really funny and a light watch.

Breaking Bad

Breaking Bad TV recommendation
Image source
Currently avaliable on Netflix

Everyone has heard of Breaking Bad, some people are obsessed and some people are trying to act as if they don't care about it and that they won't watch it, but I know they will... I am one of those who are obsessed. My boyfriend got me into this a few months ago and from then to now we've watched from season 1 to season 5. Season 5 is the last season and we have just watched the last ever episode! It was very tense leading up to it but finale manages to tie up all loose ends.

Breaking Bad is about Walter White, a high school teacher who develops cancer. In order to make sure his family is provided for when he is gone he starts to cook meth. He then enters the world of drugs, drug dealers and money and it starts to get complicated...

Now if it doesn't sound like your cup of tea I ask that you give it a try. I didn't think it would be, what with me being into lots of American crime dramas and not caring the least about shows with drug dealers, but this show is much more than just the drugs. You start to care about all the characters, get really interested in the science bits and enjoy the clever way the show is filmed.

Watch season 1, if you aren't hooked by then I am afraid we can't be friends.

Have you seen any of these? Do you like any of them? Let me know!
SHARE:

7 comments

  1. I was obsessed with Breaking Bad!! Gutted when I finished the series!! You need to check out Orange Is The New Black on Netflix... SO FUNNY!

    Hannah xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah its weird now its over! Oooh I will :) x

      Delete
  2. Breaking Bad seems to have passed me by, loving Agents of Shield and Modern family a lot lately!

    ReplyDelete

© this Northerner.

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig