Monday 23 December 2013

Manicure Monday - Trying out some Christmas nail art

On the build-up to Christmas, Laura from She Who Does Nails has been creating a nail art advent calendar in which every day she posts a different Christmas themed nail art tutorial.

I attempted her Christmas lights nail art and my results did not look half as good as hers!

P.s sorry for the messy nails, I took the pictures a few days after I'd done these.

Christmas Nail Art - White Multi-coloured fairy lights

Christmas Nail Art - White Multi-coloured fairy lights

Christmas Nail Art - White Multi-coloured fairy lights

Christmas Nail Art - White Multi-coloured fairy lights

The hard part about doing this nail art is getting a thin enough black 'wire' so that it doesn't look too weird. Also what I did wrong with this manicure is not leaving the little black 'prongs' that the lights would be connected to. Instead, I painted over them... Also my lights aren't really light shaped. I did try though!

I also tried out the Christmas pudding nails! I think my nails might have been the wrong shape but they still look cute!

Christmas Nail Art - Brown Christmas Pudding Figgy

Christmas Nail Art - Brown Christmas Pudding Figgy

Christmas Nail Art - Brown Christmas Pudding Figgy

What do you think? Did I do a good job?
SHARE:

14 comments

  1. I love your Xmas nail art! You are far more creative than me xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely! Like I say I had the inspiration from She Who Does Nails! x

      Delete
  2. Wow, they look amazing!
    http://whattaylorbuys.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Not sure I'd agree but they look okay! I could do better! x

      Delete
  3. I've been looking through your blog posts for a while when you post on twitter and I've been meaning to follow you ever since, now I finally have! (woo hoo). What lovely nail art, I especially love the christmas puds - so neat and just pretty. The sparkles in the brown make it extra christmassy. Can't wait to see more of your posts :-)

    Laura
    http://lauraslw.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks sweetie! Glad you are now a follower! Will check out your blog! x

      Delete
  4. Aw they're adorable! I wish that I could do nails like this!
    xxx

    www.salted-roses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :D it just takes time, effort and practice! x

      Delete
  5. Beautiful colorful looks, I love the one that looks like little lights - very creative :o). Xx

    Makeup by Candlelight

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow these are so lovely! wish I could do nails as well as this x

    fancydressinvite.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have to tell you that Lucas was tremendously excited about your Christmas nails. He had no idea that you could paint pictures on your nails and nearly fell off the bed when he saw them :) Love the Christmas pud nails!!

    ReplyDelete

© this Northerner.

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig