Monday 21 July 2014

Gingerbread Smiles turns one today!

I honestly can't believe how far this little blog has come in a year. I first started this blog one day bored, sitting in my bedroom. I have no idea where the thought came from to set it up but I went for it and I am so glad that I did.
This year being a blogger has given me so much more than just a place on the internet to post my reviews and ideas. I've made so many good friends that I've actually met in person and so many more that I can't wait to meet. The online blogging community is so lovely to be part of, I swear they all welcome you in with open arms and can't do enough to help you or just chat to you. I'm so happy I've made such great friends through blogging.


My blog has given me such amazing opportunities to attend events with other bloggers as well as being sent lots of amazing products to review that I would have never imagined would have happened when I began. I'm so pleased to have organised two blogger meetups in Middlesbrough introducing the Geordies to our little town. I can't believe they went so well and that people actually went out of their way to make them so great. Thanks for ALL the cakes guys!



Another thing that I think blogging has helped with is my confidence. When I am at an event I am so much happier walking up to strangers and introducing myself. Before I would have never dreamed of that but when you are in such a friendly blogging community there is nothing to lose. This has definitely translated into my work and personal life as I am more likely to have the confidence to speak up or talk to new people.


Don't get me wrong blogging is hard work. Sometimes you want nothing more than to sit around in your PJs all day watching TV but something inside you makes you get on your laptop and start typing your heart out. I'm so pleased with the direction my blog has taken as it has naturally landed where it always should have. I don't wear a lot of makeup so to start my blog as a beauty one was probably not the best idea. I'm at a happy medium calling myself a lifestyle blogger having the chance to write about all sorts including places I've been, food I've eaten and the occasional post about new makeup!

I hope you all enjoy what I write about and continue to follow me for another year.
SHARE:

14 comments

  1. I love Gingerbread Smiles :D Here's to many many more years! Happy Blog Birthday xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy blog birthday :) lovely little read

    hannah xo

    www.labandwagon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations and here's to many more years!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Blog Birthday! Lovely little post, much relatable. :)
    Here's to another good gear for gingerbread Smiles.

    Caroline.x
    notesfromcaroline.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Blog Birthday! It's been to nice to meet you this year! Hope you're well lovely :)
    Kloe xx
    skullsnkisses.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Blog Birthday, Danni! Little Apple Tree turned one on the 20th, so we started just at the same time!

    ReplyDelete

© this Northerner.

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig