Wednesday 16 July 2014

Muse, Yarm

I've recently made a conscious effort to try more restaurants in Yarm, Stockton. There are so many gorgeous-sounding trendy places to eat that I haven't had the chance to visit so I've been trying to put that right. First of all, I went to the Purple Pig and now I've visited a place just over the road called Muse.

Muse - Restaurant Review - Yarm, Stockton - Teesside

Muse - Restaurant Review - Yarm, Stockton - Teesside

Muse - Restaurant Review - Yarm, Stockton - Teesside

Muse - Restaurant Review - Yarm, Stockton - Teesside

Before arriving at Muse I hadn't heard much about it except that looking at the menus I knew the food was pretty expensive but also that it sounded appetising. I went along with my friend Danni and I was really pleased we'd chosen Muse when we walked in to find a lovely clean, open and brilliantly styled restaurant.

We both chose what we wanted to eat pretty sharpish - I went for garlic and rosemary marinated chicken whilst Danni went for smoked duck risotto. It was served with rocket on top. Whoever thinks that just rocket is a salad is out of their mind! Grinds my gears. Once I'd taken it off I tried my chicken and it was a bit strange - not really what I was expecting but not really bad. I finished off my chips and bearnaise sauce before starting to decide which dessert to have.

We both went for the same thing - I believe it was a milk chocolate and hazelnut frozen parfait with praline cream and raspberry sauce. It was very yummy! Although it was frozen some parts had started to melt and it was so creamy and chocolatey I could have eaten ten.

If you are out in Yarm, want some pretty snazzy food and are prepared to pay the prices I'd definitely recommend Muse. They also have outside seating for the summertime.
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Mmm the dessert looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like a lovely place and the dessert is making my mouth water! :)

    Jess xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel so hungry now! Haha, that dessert looks so good!
    Kloe xx
    skullsnkisses.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is Yarm worth a visit? I notice it has a train station :D

    ReplyDelete

© this Northerner.

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig