Wednesday 30 July 2014

The Bay Horse, Hutton Rudby

On Friday night me and Matt decided last minute that we'd go out for tea to a local country pub. We'd been to the Bay Horse before so thought we'd go there, however, there are so many pubs named the Bay Horse in the area that we weren't aware of at the time. When the sat nav brought us to this one we were confused but we went decided to try it out. It turns out we'd been to the one in Great Broughton before and this one is in Hutton Rudby...
Nevertheless, we trudged inside to find a quaint little pub in which all the locals were staring us down as we looked for a find a table. We chose our meal from a board on the wall as they didn't seem to have any proper menus. The wait time was quite long for the food but when it came we could see why! The food looked gorgeous, like so much effort had gone into perfecting it. I chose the steak and mushroom pie whilst Matt went for a sirloin steak.
Steak and Mushroom Pie from the Bay Horse in Hutton Rudby - North East Country Pub - Teesside

Steak and Chips from the Bay Horse in Hutton Rudby - North East Country Pub - Teesside

It's been a while since I had a pie so I was excited to try this one and it did not disappoint. The pastry was lovely, thick and crumbly with the steak inside being very tender and juicy. The sauce was quite rich and the mushrooms were whole which I thought was different! I had so much on my plate it was hard to finish and I didn't even touch the extra gravy! Matt enjoyed his steak and said he really liked his peppercorn sauce although it had a lot of full peppercorns!
We didn't stay for dessert as we felt like we were about to burst but I wish we had as I am sure that would have been just as home-made and yummy.
I'd definitely recommend the Bay Horse to anyone in the area as the food was very lovely and it was a nice place to spend a night. They even had a outside garden area for a sunny day.
SHARE:

11 comments

  1. This looks soooo yummy! Our local pub only serves pints and crisps! Haha.
    Kloe xx
    skullsnkisses.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha well this is a bit further than local but still accessible! :) x

      Delete
  2. Oh my!! Looks so tasty!! :)

    Lou xx
    whiskyandpancakes.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that you went to the wrong pub :p Good you stuck with it though, it's nice to try things out sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course! To be fair at the time we had no idea where the right one was until we texted Matt's mum to see! haha! x

      Delete
  4. I'm so hungry after reading so many great food posts...my mouth is watering. The food looks delicious, glad you enjoyed it!

    K xx

    Idreamofcoco.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha it was yummy! I wish I could have it again! :D x

      Delete
  5. That pie looks so gooood! And those chips look like proper home made beauties... oh... I want chips now! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, that pie! looks amazing! now I'm hungry....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum, those chips look amazing! I love a good old pub lunch :)

    Lyndsay | Fizzy Peaches

    ReplyDelete

© this Northerner.

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig