Monday 24 March 2014

Manicure Monday - Naked Nails

I'm currently taking a week and a half off nail polish! It is particularly hard for me as I wear nail polish EVERYDAY. I'm hoping that this time off will make my nails a bit healthier and help to strengthen them. Although I never usually take time off nail polish I wanted to try as I've read about the benefits this can bring, and my nails really need the break!


Applying nail polish regularly and not allowing your nails time to breath can dry them out. This then leads to weak nails that are prone to breaking. Giving them time as well as supplying them with some useful products can improve their condition. I'm using OPI's original Nail Envy which is created to help dry and weakened nails. OPI have now developed their Nail Envy range to include solutions for other common problems such as dry & brittle nails and sensitive & peeling nails.

As well as using special products such as this it is always wise to make sure you are moisturising your hands and nails on a regular basis to keep your nails hydrated. I religiously moisturise my hands when I am off to work and before I go to bed but I am not so good at focusing on my nails. When I do get chance to focus on my nails I use Lush's Lemony Flutter cuticle butter. This is such a thick luxurious butter that sinks in to your cuticles and nails leaving them soft and hydrated.

I'm really looking forward to seeing whether this week off makes a difference to the condition of my nails. When I am in my new house I can't wait to paint my nails loads and loads but still have a few nail polish holidays every so often!
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. I also take a break from nail polish every now and then to let my nails recover, and I think it makes a difference to brittleness and other potential issues :o) Xx

    Makeup by Candlelight

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely sounds like a good idea ... I do the same with makeup! I often don't wear any at all on a Sunday just to let my face breathe x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds good! Yes have a go, see how it works :) x

      Delete

© this Northerner.

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig