Friday 14 March 2014

Pudding Club - 12 Harland Place, Norton

12 Harland Place's Pudding Club happens every first Monday of the month and gets booked up a month in advance. We booked to go around November so when March finally came we were excited to try it out. The concept of the night is so clever and engaging. Everyone is given 10 small portions of desserts to try and then rate on a scorecard. The dessert with the highest score of the night will be put on the menu for that month.

I've been to Harland Place twice before, once for a meal and the second time for a similar night with starters. I have to say I wasn't overly impressed by my two visits so I had high hopes for the pudding club.

Pudding Club - 12 Harland Place - Stockton, Norton

Pudding Club - 12 Harland Place - Stockton, Norton

Pudding Club - 12 Harland Place - Stockton, Norton

Pudding Club - 12 Harland Place - Stockton, Norton

The first slate included; honey, mango and pineapple yoghurt, sticky fudge and toffee pudding and Reese's pieces cheesecake. Second, included; rhubarb and ginger trifle, peanut butter brownie, blueberry and white chocolate cheesecake. Third included; white chocolate and raspberry tart, white chocolate and lemon cheesecake and chocolate fudge brownie.

Although most of these desserts were okay, nothing was exceptional. I enjoyed the honey, mango and pineapple yoghurt but this is more of a breakfast dish that a dessert. The other desserts were standard and I wasn't too keen. 12 Harland Place is quite renowned for desserts and yet I was unimpressed.

I think this place has so much potential as the venue itself is gorgeous they just really lack the wow factor with their food. Other people have told me that they thoroughly enjoy 12 Harland Place, so it may just be that I am extremely fussy!

I'd recommend you try it for yourself to make your own opinion as you may like it but it isn't for me.

SHARE:

1 comment

  1. I've always wanted to go to a pudding club night! It's such a shame that the food didn't live up to your expectations, though.

    ReplyDelete

© this Northerner.

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig