Monday 9 June 2014

Geordie Bangers - Sausage review

A little while ago I was taking part in North East hour on twitter. Geordie Banger Co. were doing a retweet competition to win some of their sausages. I surprisingly won. After a few failed attempts at having the sausages sent through the post I thought I'd never get to try them but I decided I was going to the Bishop Auckland Food Festival and luckily they were going to be there too. I was very excited and after an awkward chat about me winning the twitter comp, the free sausages were mine! I didn't get the ones that would have been my first pick as they had sold out. Instead I picked up the Wor Cumberland.

Geordie Banger Co. Sausages - Wor Cumberland Review

Geordie Banger Co. Sausages - Wor Cumberland Review

Geordie Banger Co. Sausages - Wor Cumberland Review

Geordie Banger Co. Sausages - Wor Cumberland Review

We decided to have them with some new potatoes and broccoli, then I drenched mine in gravy! The sausage was quite tricky to cook. It took quite a while and I wasn't sure whether I had to keep turning it, which was pretty tricky as the sausage was in a swirl. When it was done the smell filled the kitchen and we were happy to have it on our plates!

The sausage itself was very flavoursome with quite a sharp taste to it. It went well with our meal and I would happily purchase these again! I can't wait to get the chance to purchase some other Geordie Banger sausages but that means me taking the trip to Hexham, Tynemouth, Morpeth or Quayside to pick some up.
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. The trip would be so worth it though right? I love their Proper Mint Mojito ones, yum! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE Geordie Bangers, they are all we'll eat now, I refuse to buy any other sausages. Unfortunately that does mean we sometimes have to go without until we can get to a market. I wish they were stocked in a few shops as well :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha you little snob ;) yes they should be in shops too!
      x

      Delete

© this Northerner.

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig