Tuesday 10 June 2014

Northern meet up for tea and cake

North East Blogger Meet Up - Walkabout Middlesbrough

The North East tea party, another meet up organised by me but this time I had a faithful sidekick - Kloe from Skulls and Kisses. This all started when Kloe and Chloe, from New Girl in Toon, decided it would be nice to get the girls from Newcastle down to Middlesbrough to sample what we had to offer. Somehow they roped me into organising a meetup and Chloe sneakily snuck away from the conversation...

Cue a month or so of frantic emails to brands, venues and bloggers trying to put together a meet up involving copious amounts of tea and cake - because we know this is what bloggers love, obvs. When the day arrived I was excited to meet so many bloggers I had become friends with on twitter. As people started arriving I underestimated how much space 20 people took up and everyone was soon squeezing together to get people in.

We'd asked everyone to bring along some cake for the tea party and boy did they deliver. There was sooooo much cake on the tables it was hard to find space for anything else. The goodies ranged from Disney biscuits, after eight cookies, decorated cupcakes and cornflake cake with custard! I was amazed and thankful that everyone had come through and brought cake. There was so much that we all got some to take home.

During the meetup everyone had a chance to chat with each other and meet new people. With the people that I talk to on twitter, it was like I knew them forever. We also had the special pleasure of having Carly and Lucy with us from Treasured Magpie, a small and upcoming jewellery company. Myself and Kloe then had the excitement of drawing the raffle in which we had prizes from Lush in Middlesbrough, Tara's Talons, the English Table, Unicorn Alley and Psyche.

North East Blogger Meet Up - Walkabout Middlesbrough


Everyone was given a brilliant goody bag filled with items from Paul Mitchell, Kiss Products, Gloworm Drinks, Sparkly Nails, Sweet Cecilys, Brown and Blond, Metcalfes Skinny, Vivid Drinks, Treasured Magpie and Lush Middlesbrough.

I'm so pleased that it went so well and that so many people turned up. I hope everyone had a great time as I certainly did. Next time can someone else do the organising so I can just attend? I'll bring the cake.
SHARE:

16 comments

  1. Thanks again for organising :) Now promise me you're not going to bring 20 bloggers to our cake date next weekend :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Danni,
    I got an invite to this lovely event, I'm really sorry I didn't RSVP, I have been up to my eyeballs in revision and A Levels!

    Looks like you had a fabulous time though which is great!

    Emmie xx
    www.topknotfringeandawhatnot.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its okay lovely! Shame you couldn't make it!
      x

      Delete
  3. You did an awesome job Danni, I had such a lovely afternoon, x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looked amazing! Wish there was meet ups near me! It is so lovely to meet people you have become good blogging friends with through the blogosphere.

    Rachael x
    All The Little Things x | Rachael McClenaghan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thankyou for organising it xx it was so lovely meeting everyone x x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you came, was lovely to meet you!
      x

      Delete
  6. To echo all the other ladies thankyou for arranging! Twas a fab day :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a great event and some wonderful goodies! Thank you! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for coming! Glad you had fun! x

      Delete

© this Northerner.

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig