Wednesday 18 June 2014

The Folly Boutique Rental Review

I have become a little bit obsessed with statement necklaces. I've bought a couple recently and love to wear them to glam up my everyday outfits, even wearing them to work. When The Folly Boutique got in touch and told me about their rental service* I was excited to try it out. I had a look on the website and they have so many gorgeous high-end necklaces to buy or rent. I fell in love with this St. Erasmus White Teardrop Crystal Necklace when I saw it on the site and I knew that I needed this in my life even if it would only be for a few days. With a price tag of £240.00, it was not something I could readily afford but at £30 to rent for three days, this certainly seemed reasonable.

The Folly Boutique Jewellery Rental

The Folly Boutique Jewellery Rental

The Folly Boutique Jewellery Rental

The Folly Boutique Jewellery Rental

The Folly Boutique Jewellery Rental

The Folly Boutique Jewellery Rental

The Folly Boutique Jewellery Rental

The Folly Boutique Jewellery Rental

Yellow coat - Topshop  |  Vest top - Forever 21  |  Jeans - River Island  |  Navy Maxi Dress - Warehouse

The packages come by Royal Mail signed for, so make sure you are in to receive it, I wasn't and had to go to my local depot to pick it up! It is packaged very well and so beautifully as you can see in the top two pictures, the ribbon is definitely a lovely touch! When I finally got into the necklace I was stunned, it was more gorgeous in person than it had been on the site.

Now, this is a rental piece so it is not mega shiny new as it has been worn before, but this hadn't dampened how great it looks. I tried this piece with some casual everyday clothes and then again with a floor-length maxi to go to out. It works with both and is the perfect length, not too short as to be a choker and not too long as to fall down my top. I would have received this on Thursday (had I been in) and then returned it Monday at my local post office with a prepaid envelope that is included with the necklace.

The service is amazing from The Folly Boutique and the idea is genius, it is already done with designer clothes and bags, so why not jewellery? If I had a big event to go to I would definitely think about The Folly Boutique for a piece of statement jewellery as they also do bracelets, earrings, rings, ear cuffs and men's items.

What do you think of this idea? Would you get anything from The Folly Boutique and do you like the necklace I picked?

*I was provided with the necklace for a few days to review with no charge.
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. OK, firstly before I comment on the necklace (which I know is what I should be commenting on because that's what the post is about) ... OMGGGGG I LOVE LOVE LOVE your coat .. such a gorgeous colour! Despite having a zillion coats myself I'm so so jealous, it's lovely .. I want it!

    Loving the idea of renting a necklace, not something that ever would have occurred to me before. I do wonder though if I'd worry about breaking it or losing it?!

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely! I really wanted to get the coat in this post ;)

      I suppose but you'd be real careful with it if you knew it cost that much!

      x

      Delete
  2. The necklace is so so pretty! I love the Maxi Dress too. I'd be too scared to rent something that expensive though, I'd be terrified I'd lose it or break it haha.
    Kloe xx
    skullsnkisses.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. The necklace is beautiful! You'll have to try and find a similar one on eBay. :) Really great concept; perfect if you need a stunning piece for a special occasion! xxx
    The Jolly Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't you look pretty all dressed up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another fab post (I'm having a bit of a stalk, I hope you don't mind). I didn't realise you could 'hire' jewellery, that's such a brilliant idea for a special occasion.

    xox

    PS. You look stunning in these photos!

    ReplyDelete

© this Northerner.

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig